Monday, September 21, 2009

Beer Tasting, Volume III

Beer: Widmer Drifter Pale Ale
Style: American Pale Ale
Bottle: 12oz
Why did I buy this beer?: I was in a bar and there were few options other than Bud Light and miller light. Also, I will try any beer once!
Tap Handle: Lame. Just has the typical Widmer W and then Drifter Pale Ale. When sitting next to the Shiner Bock ram head tap handle it makes me not want to drink it.
Glass Used: 16 oz red party cup. Pretty lame for this bar to serve beer in plastic cups.
Food Eaten at the same time: None. Although I wish there was a good pretzel or something while I was drinking.
Initial Taste Note: This beer has some light citrus elements.
Secondary Taste Note: My second taste of this beer brings about the flavor you would get if you licked one of those pine tree air fresheners. I've never actually done this, but I can imagine that is what it would be like.
Tertiary Taste Note: If this beer were a celebrity it would be...Mr. Clean! Gotta love that Pine fresh scent...
Quaternary Taste Note: There was one shining light to this beer experience. There were go-go dancers at the bar and in the dark light even the tall Amazonian one looked hot while drinking this poor excuse for a pale ale.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/8/46767
More on Widmer: www.widmer.com

Rating: 3.14 I believe the rest of my review explains the low number.
Conclusion:
This beer does not meet the standards for my liking. I will not drink this again. I will not drink this in a car, I will not drink this in a bar. I will not drink this pale ale...I will not drink this with a snail.

2 comments:

  1. Haha nice work Pun! I fixed yo' links...

    And I hope you're not going to drink this beer in a car...or any beer in a car. Unless it's a car bed like on Grandma's Boy, and then, by all means, knock yourself out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh shit. If I had a car bed like on Grandma's Boy that would be awesome...but not so great at pulling in the ladies hahaha

    ReplyDelete